Reception Rooms: 4
Land: 30.23 ha
A rare opportunity to buy an outstanding medieval moated listed Chateau in the Brenne region of the Indre. 300 kms from Paris and Bordeaux, between Bourges and Poitiers. The ISMH listed Chateau and its grounds form an exceptional estate which will hold enormous appeal for lovers of art and historical heritage. The property is within easy reach of shops and a Railway SNCF station. Built from 1544, the Chateau is one of the last built in the style of a fortified Chateau in France. Surrounded with its five round towers and its square tower, with the arrow slits and machicolations of yesteryear intact, the property was modernised in the 1860s, and notably the first reinforced concrete bridge in France was built in 1875 spanning the moat.
The 675m2 of habitable surface area consists of generous communal spaces including a kitchen in the semi basement, and a staff dining room and cellar. The 15th century spiral staircase serves the upper floors.
On the first floor is a Salon, a Music room, a Library and an Oratory. Beautiful fireplaces and majestic high ceilings with beautiful parquet floors give great charm to the property. Between the second and fourth floors are 17 bedrooms, three of which are suites where all the pipe work for the bathrooms has been installed. The bedrooms are magnified by the sizeable windows opening onto different views and are also adorned by beautiful fireplaces, trumeaux and other period features.
The entire property is awaiting renovation to restore it to its former glory.
Outbuildings; The outbuildings of 1,255m2 are in two wings. The right hand wing has a caretaker's house, a saddlery and cowshed, and the left wing has stables, warehouses and a garage.
There is a farm with a surface of approximately 1,390m2 built in an L shaped and adjoining the outbuildings of the chateau. They comprise the original servants dwellings, a garage, stables, a pigsty and a chicken coop.
These numerous stone buildings offer considerable scope for development.
The Estate: The property extends to 30 hectares 23 ares 07 centiares ( approximately 75 acres). composed of park, woodland and beautiful meadows.
Additional images available upon request