Reception Rooms: 3
Land: 1.15 ha
Pretty Manoir for sale, not far from the city of Caen, and the beaches of Cabourg and Ouistreham, in the attractive green countryside of Calvados, home of cheese and the excellent liqueur of the same name created from the apple orchards for which Normandy is known.
Shops and services are within 3 km. The motorway, rail, and air links are numerous and fast access.
Built in 1898 by the ancestors of the current owners, this delightful manor house owes its human proportions to a modest reconstruction of an old half-timbered manor house destroyed by fire. Today, only the main body remains. It is considered as a remarkable building.
With a total area of approximately 260m², the property comprises:
Ground Floor: a central entrance hall serves a dining room, a Salon (20 m²) with a beautiful colonnade fireplace, a study adjacent to a storage room (possibility of rehabilitating this part into a bedroom/bathroom) and a kitchen (15m²).
First Floor:: a beautiful wooden staircase with balusters gives access to 4 large bedrooms, including 3 with bathroom.
Second Floor:: potentiality to convert 3 bedrooms and an attic.
Five buildings are positioned on either side of the manor house:
- The press, a vast farmhouse of 200sqm, is acknowledged as a remarkable building. It comprises a garage and a former housing awaiting renovation. This beautiful half-timbered building houses an imposing press which has been kept in perfect condition.
- La bouillerie, the original distillery for the Calvados, is a harmonious building containing a room with a fireplace and a boiler room.
- A farm building, in a weakened state, contains a workshop, used as storage for the equipment.
- La bergerie, a large half-timbered building, with slate roof. Authorisation has been given to convert this into accommodation.
- Superb small brick cottage, a vestige of outdoor amenities.
The park, adjoining the property and its outbuildings, consists of lawns, delimited by hedgerows; small moats feed a beautiful pond.
In all the land extends to 1 hectare 15 ares.
Possibility to acquire an additional 28 hectares of land.
Additional images available upon request.