Reception Rooms: 3
Land: 1.5 ha
The property is on 4 floors, most bedrooms have new luxury en suite bathrooms, and it boasts a magnificent botanical glasshouse of 100m housing a winter garden.
The château is surrounded by an enclosed park of 1.5ha with a swimming pool, pool house, garages and kennels and
has a caretaker’s apartment on the ground floor with the possibility of making a private apartment on the top floor.
It is in a village next to Saumur, a town with full facilities, a TGV station and motorway access. Tours 80km, Angers 67km.
The entrance to the château is up sweeping double staircase under a glass and wrought iron canopy:
First floor : High ceilings in all the rooms and original parquet floors-
- Entrance Hall, 30m.
- Study, 18m., with access through to a library.
- Sitting Room, 50m., with exposed beams and a marble fireplace.
- Dining Room, 45m., with exposed beams and a huge sculpted fireplace.
- Bedroom, 40m., with direct access to the winter garden, and a large en suite bathroom with bath, shower and WC.
- Oak staircase with cast iron bannisters.
- Fitted Kitchen
- Service staircase
- Bedroom, 32m., with en suite bathroom.
- Bedroom, 20m., leading through to another bedroom, 33m., with a dressing room and an en suite bathroom with a Jacuzzi.
- Bedroom, 21m., with en suite bathroom.
- 2 communicating bedrooms of 20m. each and a bathroom.
Third Floor- :
- Large room with a tiled floor, 30m..
- Attic suitable for conversion, 60m..
- Bedroom, 22m..
- Small Attic.
- Bedroom, 9m.
- Kitchen area.
- Bedroom, 10m.
- Bathroom and WC.
- Bedroom, 26m., with an en suite bathroom and separate WC.
The whole ground floor of the château is occupied by the caretaker’s apartment and cellars.
- Caretaker’s apartment, 40m.: Sitting room with kitchen space, bedroom and a bathroom with a shower and WC.
- 2 cellars.
- Boiler room.
The heated botanical glasshouse of about 100m. and over 15m in height, housing a winter garden, is attached to the side of the château. It is accessible from the outside and from various rooms in the château.
The château is surrounded by an enclosed park of about 1.5 hectares with large mature trees, a swimming pool, a pool house with a shower and a WC, 3 garages and kennels. 6000m. of the grounds are available for construction with a separate entrance.
This property was renovated for a successful chambres d’hôtes business and is in excellent condition and close to a tourist town with full facilities.