Reception Rooms: 4
Land: 6.7 ha
Situated in a peaceful and secluded valley in the West of the Orne, this charming XIXth Century Château has approximately 600m2 of habitable space and has retained many original features. The reception rooms are large and light. The accommodation is well laid out. Although of solid construction, the property requires major renovation to bring it up to modern day standards of comfort. It needs to be rewired, replumbed, heating needs to be installed, drains brought up to date, walls and paintwork also need attention. The major structure and the roof appear to be in good condition. The windows are old and single glazed. The six bedrooms could be increased to 12. The nearby town of Flers offers a full range of shops. The accommodation comprises;
Cellar: Original kitchen,granite fireplace,a cement floor, and a door to the garden.
Scullery , Hunting room with wood panelling and a fireplace and a tiled and wood floor, Various cellars, Laundry room Boiler room
Ground Floor:: Entrance hall 22m2 with a marble floor and a moulded ceiling.
- Dining room, 35m², with a parquet floor and a large 19th century sculptured wood fireplace. There is wooden panelling on the walls and a moulded ceiling.
- Study/Library, 30m², with a parquet floor, a fireplace and wooden panelling on the walls.
- Sitting room, 42m², with a parquet floor, wooden panelling and a fireplace.
- Staircase with access to the cellar.
- Bedroom, 17m², with a parquet floor, a fireplace and a W.C.
- Passageway with a bath and a W.C. Kitchen, 15m², in the tower.
- Sitting room, 30m², with a fireplace and carpet laded on a parquet floor.
First floor Passageway
- In the tower a small salon and a W.C.
- Old bathroom, 17m2., once a bedroom with lino on parquet floor, a fireplace and a shower.
- Bedroom, 20m., with a parquet floor and a fireplace.
- A room of around 11m. which could be a dressing room or converted to another bathroom.
- Bedroom, 24m., with a parquet floor, a fireplace and a balcony.
- A room, 11m..
- Bedroom, 25m., with a parquet floor and a fireplace.
- Bedroom, 22m., with a parquet floor and a fireplace.
- A small room
- Bedroom, 20m., with a parquet floor.
- The layout is the same as the first floor but with a lower ceiling and requiring work.
- Two bedrooms in reasonable condition.
- An old laundry room with cupboards.
Several rooms including an old photographic laboratory and a filing room.
- An old stable block of around 200m., with garages, boxes, and a saddle room with the old staff bedrooms above.
- A gardener’s cottage, in poor condition and a greenhouse.
- Old pig pens now used for wood storage.
- Park with mature trees and rhododendrons
- A stream that crosses the fields and a small bridge crossing from the park to the vegetable garden.
- Vegetable garden partially enclosed by walls with a water basin in the middle.
- A large field behind the château.
- A wood
- Two small woods not connected to the property but less than 1km away.
- Hunting rights currently let on a one year contract.